Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Road to Oberon Update

Okie,

A few things happened to my plan for Oberon...

The biggest is that my friend decided to join and since I had accepted his comission to paint his army I now have to finish what I can so he can join...

So... Today's update will be KHADOR! *cough cough*

Vlad 2 to be specific...


The greatest iron of the pic above is that I'm very satisfied with the way his back armor's shade and highlights came out, but that part will be cover by his cape...



The front needs more work, it seems too bland... I'll probly try to get some silver into that area to create a more interesting look...

I started by priming the model black. I then coated it with red, now the coat I used was just thin so it actually turned brown. This was what I used as an undercoat for the following red to be applied by hand. I then used Khador Base Red first, about two to three coats. I then made a wash from Skorn Red and applied it to the red areas. Last to go was the Kharod Red Highlights and another wash or Battle Field Brown on just the deepest areas. Will have to pick up my pace if I'm to finish this guy, Drago, Markov and two minimum units of Black Dragons.

No comments:

Post a Comment