Saturday, May 12, 2012

Painting Attempts: Stormsmith Stormcaller

Hello folks,

Today I present to you my attempts at painting a Stormsmith Stormcaller. There were several new things I tried with this paint job and I have just one thing to say. RHULIC GOLD IS AWESOME! I've always been using Soild Gold in my paint jobs, I liked the shine it had and my local store also never have Rhulic Gold in stock. I got lucky a bout a week ago when I got the last pot from their recent restock. Another new thing I tried here is the grey primer. Remember when I said I would post something with white primer? Well, scratch the white and replace it with grey. I also tried placing a clear coat on the finished model, so read on to see how I did what I did.


Primer: Primer Grey(Spray)

Face: Base coated it with Midlund Flesh, once dry applied diluted Flesh Wash and re-highlighted with a mix of Ryn Flesh and Midlund Flesh. The goggles were painted in Thamar Black and the lens was painted with Cygnar Blue Highlight.




Hair: Started by base coating it with Morrow White. Once dried, I then applied a coat of Arcane Blue. I let that dry again before I re applied Morrow White, this time however I thinned the paint even further and applied multiple layers. This was so that there would be hints of Arcane Blue highlights on hair.

Staff: Start by painting a base of Thamar Black. This will provide a nice base for Cold Steel, once dry apply diluted Armor Wash. Let the wash dry up, then apply Quick Silver as a highlight. The glows on the staff were done by place a base coat of Morrow White on the areas, then applying a thin layer of Arcane Blue.



Coat: Start by placing a base of Cygnar Blue Base. Wash the recessed areas with a very watered down Exile Blue. Mix Cygnar Blue Base and Cygnar Blue Highlight and apply on the raised area as highlight. The inner section of the coat I decided should be black (like it has some rubber lining), based that with Thamar Black. I then mixed Coal Black and Thamar Black and used it for a very very very subtle highlight. The inner coat also has some insulation cloth, for this I applied Rutsack Tan via dry brush. I then applied some Cygnus Yellow also via dry brush. The straps and belt is just a base coat of Battlefield Brown. The side bag was painted with a base of Gun Corp Brown then washed with diluted Armor Wash and highlighted with Gun Corp Brown after.

Pants: Apply a base coat of Greatcoat Grey, use diluted Armor Wash over the whole area. Re apply Greatcoat Grey, make sure to leave some areas that have been darkened by the wash exposed. Mix a dot of Frostbite with Greatcoat Grey and apply it as highlight.




Shoulder Pads: Mix Gun Corp Brown and Rhulic Gold and apply it as a base coat. Once dry apply one layer of Rhulic Gold, let it dry before applying diluted Armor Wash.

Gloves: Gloves were painted using the techniques mentione above. The gold plate was painted the same way as the shoulder pads, the insulation cloth and rubber black gloves were painted in the same way as the inner coat. Straps were just based with Battlefield Brown.



Boots: Based with Thamar Black and then highlighted with a mix of Coal Black and Thamar Black

Clear Coat: Two coats of gloss and one coat of flat.

No comments:

Post a Comment