Monday, July 9, 2018

Cygnar List Experiments: Stryker 1 in Storm Division - Part 2

So, I managed to get one game in against Trollbloods  last Saturday. The opponent was using Borka 2 in the theme "Power of Dhunia" using mostly light warbeasts. I lost that game but I did get a feel for the list.

The list actually feels very similar to my "Storm Surge" list. It does the exact same thing more or less, it just moves forward regardless of the opponent. The Sword Knight's speed in the Surge list is replaced by the advanced moving Storm Blades. The blades may not have the high DEF in melee that the Sword Knight do, but the stacking of all the ARM buff they can have in a turn make them just as annoying to deal with.

There are also noticeable differences, this list looses it's fast flanking ranged attacks. Instead the list relies on the electrical bounces to try and take out support solos/units.

I actually failed to test my initial plan with the list of juggling "Snipe" between the Stormwall and the Storm Strider. It was entirely my fault as I moved my lancer too far forward, without it I can't juggle the buff.

That's it, I know this is a very short post and that is expected since I only got one game in and its too early to tell if the list is viable. I'll try to get another game or two in this week to give you more insight into the list.

As usual, if you guys have questions or comments just let me know. Thanks for reading, until next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment