Saturday, March 3, 2012

Painting Attempts: pStryker Reboot

Hello folks, I mentioned in my last post that I was doing a reboot on my army's paint scheme. The first model completed for the reboot is non other than my first warcaster.

Here is a picture of what he looked like before the reboot.


Here he is after.




Here is a basic list of what colors I used with what technique:

Primer:

Black spray primer

Armor:

Drybrush solid gold

Face:

Base coat of midlund flesh, about 3 to 4 coats thined with water. Once the base coat is applied, thin down flesh wash with water and gloss it over the face. Paint frostbite for the eyes, you'll notice that there are not dots in his eyes. This is intentional, I was going for the effect of arcane energy lighting up his eyes (I was also 90% sure that if I try to paint dots I would screw it up :P).

Hair

I mixed equal parts ember orange and guncorp brown. Base coated it on the hair about 2 to 3 coats did the trick, once done I added a dot of guncorp brown watered the mix down and used it as a wash. Some ember orange highlights completed the hair.

Skirt:

Base coat of exile blue about 2 to 3 coats thined with water. Added a dot of thamar black and used it as a shade. Mixed equal part exile blue and cygnar blue base for the highlight. The edges used a base coat of morrow white and a shaded by adding a dot of thamar black.

Pants:

Base coated morrow white and added a dot of bastion gray to be used as shade.

There you go, my reboot of pStryker. Thanks for reading and if you have questions or comments, just leave a post below. Next week my reboot army feature continous with the Ironclad. Thanks again!

No comments:

Post a Comment