Saturday, March 24, 2012

Painting Attempts: Charger Reboot

Welcome back, now before I begine I must say that this is the least of my favorite reboots. The reason is that I feel that I could have done a better job. Might be the fact that I had a good week break after painting the base coat of blue and doing shades and high light. It may also be that I'm rushing to finish this so I can make the weekly post. Whatever it is, the only consolation I get is that its still looks better than my old paint job. Well I think so anyway, why don't you be the judge.

Before:




After:






How I did it: (This may start to get old XD)

Primer:
Black, Spray

Steel Parts:
Drybrush cold steel.

Blue Armor Parts:
Started with a base coat of cygnar blue base. A dot of exile blue for the shade, a dot of cygnar blue highlight mixed with the base color for highlights. A note with cygnar blue highlight is tat when you first apply it it may seem too bright. Let it dry first as its actually not as bright as it seems when its still wet.

Gold Armor Plates:
Base coat of solid gold.

Eyes:
Arcane blue.

There you have it, the last of my reboot. I'll be taking a picture of all the reboot along with the Menoth Battle Box models for my application as a Press Ganger. I'll be sure to post a copy of the pics once I've taken them. Next week, I will show you guys something new. Painting a model with white primer.

No comments:

Post a Comment