Saturday, March 31, 2012

Painting Attempts: Defender

Hello folks, before anything else I have to say that this isn't the post I promised last week. Due to real life circumstances the white primer model was not completed on time. Instead I would like to post my painted Defender. This model was actually painted even before I started my reboot, but it seems that I have yet to post the finished work in my blog. Now, here's my attempts at painting the Defender.







Primer: 
Black

Blue Armor Plates:


Started with Exile Blue as the base coat on this and them mixed in Cygnar Blue Base as the first highlight. Then added a dot of Morrow White as the second highlight.

Gold Armor Plates:


Unlike my reboot models, I did nothing but dry brush Solid Gold for the golden plates.

Silver Metallic:


Also did pure dry brush of Cold Steel in this.


Eyes:


Pure Ember Orange for the eyes and a few dots of it on the mouth piece as the finishing touches.


That's it for this week's filler post. Hope you'll come back next week when I hopefully finish and talk about painting with a white primer.

No comments:

Post a Comment