Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Painting Attempts: Squire

I feel that I need to explain why I repainted my Squire before I actually show it. It all started with a game, where JohnB decided to proxy the Hyperion to see if he should get it when it's model finally came out. In case your not aware, the Hyperion's main gun has the Critical Consume rule. This means that if rolls a critical hit, all small based non warcaster models in the 5" AoE template vanishes. No damage roll, no tough check, they just get sucked into limbo. Now in this game, he shot my warcaster with said gun. It was a critical hit, now the warcaster lived. The Squire who I admit I like to keep very close  to my caster got consumed. When I lifted him from the table to take him to the dead pile, his base fell off. Since then it was said that my Squire was truly sent to limbo. In order to reflect that I decided that since he's off his base anyway, and he was one of the first models I painted, I would repaint him. Here he is, read on to find out how I painted him just an hour.


I gave him a black primer seeing that he is all metal, I then used the air brush to base coat the white on his front plate. I used a Valejo Premium White paint, this paint is air bursh ready so I didn't thin it down anymore. The paint was thicker than expected so I got tip dry more often, now that I write this I may have been better to up my pressure from 15 PSI to 20 PSI, well next time then.


Once the white was painted, I used Valejo Premium Black to clean off the spill over of the white paint. Once cleaned, I the used Cold Steel applied via the airbrush for his legs, smoke stack and main body. This would end the air brush section of this project


I the used my hand brush to apply Umbar Umbar on the areas with gold, once dry I applied Molten Bronze over it. I then used Cygnus Yellow on the Cygnus of the front plate, Arcane Blue for the "eye" and  Khador Base Red for the "thingy" ( I honestly don't know what its called, if anyone knows just leave a comment below). Final step is to mix a wash of Arcane Blue and apply it to the vents on the front plate as well as the coils on his head. I also applied light coats on the main body.


That's it for the Squire, total work time was 1 hour. I also started working on him around 4 AM so I understand he's not exactly looking spectacular. I may redo him again in the future, maybe when he get consumed again.

Next on the table, Stryker1 Variant!


No comments:

Post a Comment