Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Painting Attempts: Stryker1 Variant

Well folks, I was not able to post an update for Sunday becuase, well... Its a Sunday...

I wasn't able to post an update for Monday because I was out of town for work... Also don't expect an update for 7 days starting Wednesday. I'll be on an out of town trip for work.

Well enough about that, here's Stryker1! More pics after the break as well as a description of how I painted him.



I started by using the air brush to primer him black. I then spray a base coat of Umbar Umbar for all the gold sections. The skirt was then base coated with Morrow White, the pants base coated with Gun Corp Brown, the boots with Battlefield Brown.

Once the Umbar Umbar dried, I then use Rhulic Gold on the main armor. I used Molten Bronze on the steam engine on his back as well as the pipes the run across to the front. The gold on the sword was done with Solid Gold. A wash of Armor Wash + Water + Mixing Medium completes the golds.


The sword's silver was painted by having a base coat of Ironhull Grey + Morrow White. Then a layer of two of Quick Silver. A mix of Thamar Black and Cold Steel was then painted on the handle of the sword as well as the main part of the gun. The same wash mix used with the gold was then applied on the gun and the sword handle, the pants and the boots.


The skirt was then washed with Menoth White Highlight, once dry a wash of a mix of Rutsack Tan + Menoth White Highlight. The blues of the skirt was then painted with Cygnar Blue Highight and the deepest area washed with Exile Blue. The rest of the leather belt, gun holster and googles was then painted with Gun Corp Brown and washed with the Armor Wash mix I mentioned above. The face was then painted with Ryn Flesh, washed with Flesh Wash + Water + Mixing Medium. Hair was painted Ember Orange, then washed with Battle Field Brown. Once dry, Ember Orange was applied via dry brush. The lens of the googles was painted Cygnar Blue Highlight, then dotted with Morrow White. Once dry a wash of Cygnar Blue Highligh blends the white with the rest of the lens.

There you have it, Stryker1 variant fully painted. The total amount of time I spent working on his was probly around 6 hours at the most.

I'd love to know what you think of Stryker, so just leave a comment below. Next up would be Katherine Laddermore.

No comments:

Post a Comment