Thursday, January 10, 2013

Ramblings of a Cygnarian Cat Lover: Tempest Blazers

Hello folks, no painting update today sadly. Today instead I will kick off a new series I call Ramblings of a Cygnarian Cat Lover. The series is where I talk about up coming models for Cygnar and what I think their rules will be, before they get released.

Today I will talk about the Tempest Blazers, the next Cavalry unit of Cygnar...

I'll start off by giving what I think their baseline stats would be:

SPD:8
STR:4
MAT:5
RAT:7
DEF:15
ARM:14
PC: 7/11
Wounds: 5

This is based on the Cryx light cav, who also have a SPD of 8. STR 4 is the same STR as the regular ATGMs and I see no reason for them to get buffer. MAT is also the same as you typical ATGMs, again no reason this should change. I think that its should stay the same as the regular ATGMs, I'm  placing my bet on RAT 7. The DEF and ARM are based off the other light cavs currently in existence.

Abilities:

Gunfighter
Shot Type:
-Critical Brutal Shot
-Arcane Assassin Shot

Why do I think they'll be gunfighter? Two reasons, first unless they get a boost on MAT (unlikely) or Parry (even more unlikely) the blazers will become useless when engaged. Second, look at the models? See any swords? No? Exactly!

Now why only two shot types? Well in the interest of balance, them getting gun fighter is already a huge deal. Enough to merit the loss of a shot type, lastly I really can't think of another shot type that can be given without making other models useless or making the Blazers over powered.

Critical Brutal Shot is a balanced ability that I think will carry over to the Blazers. It gives them the potential to deal significant damage without breaking them.

Arcane Assassin, the description of the Blazers is what makes me think they'll get this shot type.

"Even at full gallop Tempest Blazers wield their magelock pistols with deadly accuracy and imbue their rune bullets with supernatural lethality to penetrate magical protections and wards"

I think the shot will be like "this model gain arcance assassin while using this shot type" or something similar. It may also be blessed weapons, but their mages not preists so I'm going with Arcane Assassin Shot.

Well, that's what I think the Tempest Blazers will be. What do you think? Do you agree? Disagree? Leave a comment what ever your stand is and I'll be happy to open a discussion with you about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment